Here are 14 ways you can help our shelter today!
1. Adopt a room: Each of our rooms has 4 beds. When you adopt a room, we ask you donate whatever you can from this list:
- 4 packs of toilet paper
- 4 bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and/or toothpaste
- 1 lamp
- 4 packs of hangers
2. Host a food drive: Collect canned goods at your church or place of business
3. Clean out your pantry: Donate that can of peas or chicken noodle soup you haven't eaten....someone here will!
4. Clean out your cabinets: While we don't have much storage space, we can use small household items (for when our residents move into their own homes!).
5. Volunteer some time: We love our volunteers! Do you have a unique skill or talent? Love yoga, or art, or even math? Consider hosting a class or tutoring.
6. Organize a service day. We often have 'honey-do' projects or yard clean-ups that we could use help with. Call up some of your friends and schedule a time to help us trim bushes, or paint.
7. Like our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TheOutreachCenter
8. Speaking of Facebook - share or like a post from our page
9. Attend one of our fundraisers - Each year we have 2 - 3 really fun fundraising events...a golf tournament in the spring, a fancy gala in the fall....whatever your interest, consider buying tickets.
10. Donate school supplies for our resident's children
11. Send our residents a card - fun mail brightens everyone's day! Mail our residents a card of encouragement and inspiration.
12. Make a financial contribution - Click here to make a donation online.
13. Pray - We always love to be added to prayer lists.
14. Share this list with your friends and family.