Here are 14 ways you can help our shelter today!
1. Adopt a room: We have 7 rooms and each room as 4 beds. When we get a new resident, we give them an initial supply of necessities so when you adopt a room, we ask that you provide all or some of the supplies for the 4 residents that live there. or click here for a complete list of necessities and room specific needs.
- 4 packs of toilet paper
- 4 bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and/or toothpaste
- 1 lamp
- 4 packs of hangers
Additional room specific needs include:
- Faith Room: 1 small 2 drawer nightstand or vertical dresser.
- Hope Room: 1 set of blinds, 2 full sets of towels
- Strength Room: 1 set of blinds, 1 twin size comforter
- Joy Room: 1 full set of towels, 1 lamp
- Love Room: 1 set of twin size sheets
- Patience Room: (FAMILY ROOM) 1 set of blinds, 3 new pillows. Kids shampoo / body wash and kids toothpaste
- Kindness Room: (FAMILY ROOM). 1 new pillow, 1 small nightstand or vertical dresser. Kids shampoo / body wash and kids toothpaste
- Grace Room: (FAMILY ROOM) 2 full sets of towels, kids shampoo/body wash and kids toothpaste
2. Host a food drive: Collect canned goods at your church or place of business. Click here for a list of needs.
3. Clean out your pantry: Donate that can of peas or chicken noodle soup you haven't eaten....someone here will!
4. Clean out your cabinets: While we don't have much storage space, we can use small household items (for when our residents move into their own homes!).
5. Volunteer some time: We love our volunteers! Do you have a unique skill or talent? Love yoga, or art, or even math? Consider hosting a class or tutoring. Contact us for more information!
6. Organize a service day. We often have projects or yard clean-ups that we could use help with. Schedule a day of service for your team, business, family, and friends.
7. Like our Facebook page: Keep up to date with our latest activities and success stories on Facebook. Share, like, and invite others to our posts and events! https://www.facebook.com/TheOutreachCenter
8. Host a cleaning supplies drive - Think of everything you use to keep your house clean - now multiply that by 28! We go through a lot of laundry soap, bleach, bathroom cleaner, cleanser..etc. Consider dropping off a bucket of cleaning supplies! Here's a list of what we need.
9. Attend one of our fundraisers - Each year we have 2 - 3 really fun fundraising events...a golf tournament in the spring, a fancy gala in the fall....whatever your interest, consider buying tickets.
10. Donate school supplies for our residents' children
11. Send our residents a card - fun mail brightens everyone's day! Mail our residents a card of encouragement and inspiration.
12. Make a financial contribution - Click here to make a donation online.
13. Pray - We always love to be added to prayer lists.
14. Share this list with your friends and family.